Case Study 4
Recovery project including redesign of façade to achieve compliance
- 8 storey social housing block accommodating 25flats
- Guildmore appointed as recovery contractor following failure of previous two contractors
- Identified and rectified compliance issues with façade design, including non-compliant insulation and lack of test data to verify performance of various materials.
- Identified and rectified compliance issues with fitout design, including inadequate sizing of smoke extract and excessive travel distances.
- Secured buy-in from BCO and NHBC to revised designs and completed works to achieve signoff