Case Study 2
Recovery project including redesign of façade to achieve compliance
South London, 2018
- 5-8 storey mixed tenure development accommodating 104 flats in 3 conjoined blocks
- Guildmore appointed as recovery contractor following failure of previous contractor with works at first fix
- Identified and rectified compliance issues with as-built façade, including incorrectly installed or missing fire breaks, non-compliant insulation, and weakness in detailing at corners and key interfaces
- Identified and rectified compliance issues with as-built fitout, including inadequate thickness of spray applied intumescent coating and fire stopping weaknesses at key interfaces.
- Secured buy-in from BCO and NHBC to proposed remedial works to achieve signoff on a building riddled with incompliances