Health & Safety
Health and Safety is at the core of everything we do. Every thought, step, innovation and procedure is carefully assessed for safety and legislation compliance. We place high importance on the value of all our employees, residents and site-visitors staying work incident and injury free.
Health and Safety measures
The health and safety of our employees and everyone else affected by our activities is fundamental to the success of our business.
At Guildmore, we believe there is no conflict between our requirement to keep our workforce and members of the public safe and our long term financial success. Nothing that we do is so important that it cannot be done safely.
We share our vision of an accident injury free culture with our suppliers – and we will only work with supply chain partners who are committed to safety.
We require that everyone who works for or with us:
- Embeds health and safety as core elements in all they do
- Takes a lead in requiring and delivering excellent health and safety
- Works with us to eliminate the risk of serious harm from all our activities
- Upholds and promotes our policies and expected behaviours
- Is intolerant of unsafe behaviour, short cuts and unplanned work
- Supports those who challenge these unsafe practices, and holds people to account if they don’t conform
- Insists that everyone is involved, informed and engaged
- Challenges, learns and innovates to reduce risk
- Reports potentially unsafe incidents and injuries, and investigates fully to learn lessons
- Comes to work in a fit condition
Together we take steps to continually improve our safety culture. Effective engagement gives us an opportunity to innovate for more sustainable outcomes and achieve our accident injury free vision
We are proud to have achieved:
Construction Line Acclaim Accreditation
As an ISO 9001 certified organisation, we have implemented Quality Management System requirements for all areas of the business, including:
The ISO 14000 focuses on the management of our environmental systems.
Demonstrates how we:
Minimise the effects of our operations and processes negatively on the environment, comply with legal, regulations, and environmental orientated requirements
Seek to continually improve
The international standard for a safer workplace.
The UK’s largest Government-owned register of contractors and consultants for the construction industry.